(This vacancy is not suitable for self-employed professionals)
Our client is looking to hire a temporary events and training support to take over part of the responsibilities of the events manager during her maternity leave (up to March) followed by the maternity leave of the training manager, up to September. The role / contract will be based on a (approx.) 9-month period from 13 January 2020 to approx. end of September 2020.
About our client
The organisation is supported by an office team in Amsterdam and Brussels. The team in Amsterdam comprises 32 people. There is a strong sense of team motivation, collaboration and excitement.
The role will among others include the management of the registration of the Annual Conference, other events and training programmes as well as the management of the hotel and other logistics. Furthermore, the role includes the communication with the venues and different suppliers for the events. You will be reporting to the Events Manager and Director of Events and Education and together with the events team you will be working in close co-operation with the other directors, the eLearning and Development Associate as well as the Marcomms department to ensure all activity fits within the team and overall strategy.
You will be partly responsible for the project management of all scheduled events and classroom training courses to ensure smooth organization for the first half of the year as well as for the planning of the second half of the year.
- Responsible for events and training registration
- Responsible for preparation of event and training materials including badges, programmes and attendees lists
- Liaise with speakers to provide logistics support and ensure presentations will be delivered on time
- Provide on-site support during events and training courses including liaising with hotel staff, handling event attendee queries, providing support to speakers
- Handle queries from members on upcoming events and training programmes by email and telephone
- Liaise with various designers on preparing and adjusting event and training programmes / conferences and event materials
- Support the preparations of the weekly newsletter and other communication: assist with the main topics for events and training section in the newsletter and collecting the necessary information for each event / training for the newsletter
- Liaise with Audio / Visual suppliers, liaise with AV team on site and ensure smooth operation
Role in the Team
The Events and Training Support reports directly to the Director of Events and Education. Daily supervision and guidance will be the role of the Events Manager. Weekly meetings with the Events Manager and Director to discuss day to day business and details about the various projects. When necessary there will be daily communication about ongoing projects. The Events and Training Support will work closely with the eLearning and Development Associate as well as with the Events Manager.
- Approx. 3 years working experience in the field of events management
- Ability to liaise and communicate with the business stakeholders
- Ability to liaise and communicate with the different suppliers like hotels, conference venues
- DMC’s and Audio Visual suppliers
- Excellent project management skills, proactive, very hands-on, sociable and flexible
- Excellent skills in working with Office 365 (Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Excellent communication skills both in writing as oral English
- Experience in using CRM systems
- A team player who is capable to work independently and motivated to take owner-ship
- Strong organisation skills with outstanding attention for detail
- Ability to work with tight deadlines on multiple projects
- Team-player, flexible attitude
- Assertive and strong communicator able to work with all stakeholders
- Hours: 4 days a week
- Based in Amsterdam
- Appointment from January 2020 until September 2020
- Overnight travelling required – exact travel dates to be determined in advance
Send cover letter and CV (incl. profile picture) indicating your motivation, suitability, skills and experience relevant to this role to 7BEAUFORT, email@example.com. Or contact us on +31 (0)20 3456875 for more information.