We are looking for a EMEA Event Operations Specialist for our client at the European Headquarters in Hilversum the Netherlands, to drive and execute the framework of processes and operations that successfully support the Meeting and Event strategy and event experiences that inspire athletes*.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
You will support and coordinate the program that successfully creates the framework around the EMEA event strategy and consumer experience in EMEA. In addition, supporting event operations specifically around resource allocation. You have experience with executing policies and processes across disciplines of event operations and have a proven track record coordinating event processes based on strategy.
As the EMEA WD+C Event Operations Specialist, you will support on bringing globally aligned strategic initiatives to life in EMEA relevant processes and you thrive to execute and influence the strategic solutions into business recommendations for seamless event experiences and enhanced productivity.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
- Optimize the event infrastructure by driving and executing operational, analytical, financial processes including forecasts and reporting
- Be the first contact for event requestors to align on the initial event requests before delegating assignments.
- Gatekeeper function delegating resource to incoming projects. Specifically connecting the appropriate resource to the specific event request.
- Drive flawless execution of policy and processes within the department
- Manage daily questions on event operations and align with relevant stakeholders to ensure continuous improvement
- Gather and consolidates data analytics focused on enhanced strategic value
- Share and interpret best practices with clients Geo’s and KEY Cities
- Execute communication plan to ensure flawless implementation of event innovations incl. managing meeting & events communication platforms
- Manage mid- and long-term internal- and external strategic partnerships
- Influence and drive strategic vision on M/E with business partners
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
Reporting to the Manager EMEA WD+C Event Operations, part of the EMEA Events team, you will coordinate and implement the EMEA event strategy. You will work closely with the WD+C EHQ Events Team and the WD+C Event Operations Managers in the Key Cities to bring the EMEA event experience to life. You will collaborate with senior leaders and work closely with cross-functional partners to provide thought leadership, manage business relationships and execute on client only event concepts.
WHAT YOU BRING
- A minimum of 6-year work experience in the events industry. Having good analytical and resourcing management capabilities would be advantageous.
- Manage internal and external strategic partnerships
- Strong negotiating and communication skills
- Capability to make good and informed decisions and ability to manage ambiguity
- Passionate about efficiency through technology and innovation
- Train the trainer skills on tools and processes
- Strong experience in project coordination
- Ability to influence multiple business partners across all levels of the organization
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and budget/financial skills to provide fact-based solutions and reporting
- Ability to effectively manage time, and individually prioritize tasks of competing priorities
- Fluent in MS Office applications, familiarity with Smartsheet a plus
- Team player and ability to work with cross functional partners
- Fluent in English
- Good understanding of the Event industry and its trends
- A team player aiming for shared success