Are you looking for a new step in your career? Do you want to be part of a vibrant, international team? We are excited that 7BEAUFORT is looking for our client – a European Association for Investors in Non-Listed Real Estate Vehicles – for an Event Associate to assist the events team. We are looking for a positive, creative and hands-on individual with excellent communication and organizational skills, and a proven track record in event management.
About our client
They are Europe’s leading platform for sharing knowledge on the non-listed real estate industry. The goal is to improve transparency, professionalism and best practice across the industry, making the non-listed real estate investment industry more accessible and attractive to investors. They are a highly active association with nearly 500 member companies worldwide. The members include 90 of the largest institutional investors as well as 40 of the 50 largest real estate fund managers.
The team is currently made up of 34 employees, with 31 in the Amsterdam office and 3 in the Brussels office. There is a strong sense of team motivation, collaboration and excitement. New team members will be expected to share in this, contributing ideas on setting high service standards, expanding knowledge and awareness, and increasing the association’s competitiveness.
It is all about an excellent member experience and achieving that by providing the highest level of service.
The team values are an important factor in the daily teamwork and operations and are describes as follow:
- Entrepreneurial – They are creative, innovative and resourceful and think beyond borders to get the job done
- Leaders – They strive to achieve the best, get things done and make a lasting difference for the community
- Family – They work together as a team and with the members in a professional and caring manner
- Inclusive – They take pride in being an oasis of diversity
- Passionate – They are proud of who they are, what they do and how they do it
You will be part of the events team and you will be supporting the organization of the annual events calendar, a mixed offer between online events and (international) live events such as seminars, roundtables, and industry leading conferences. All company events are organized for company members only. Alongside the regular event offering they also organizes a range of events specifically for Young Professional members up to 35 years old.
The role will among others include the management of the registration of the events as well as the management of the logistics involved. With the online events the focus is on managing various online platforms, like Zoom and Teams. For the live events on location the focus is on venue / supplier management (hotel or event locations, AV suppliers, catering etc.).
You will be reporting to the Events Manager and Director of Events and Education and together with the events team you will be working in close co-operation with the other company directors as well as the Marcomms department to ensure all activity fits within the team and overall strategy.
- Support of / with:
- events registration in CRM
- setting up preparation calls with (keynote) speakers
- speaker management and provide logistics support
- managing local DMC agencies
- venue finding for live events
- preparation of online events in Zoom and Teams
- preparation of events materials for live events including badges, programs and attendees’ lists
- managing the Audio / Visual suppliers, liaise with AV team on site and ensure smooth operation
- Provide on-site support during live events such as managing the registration desk, liaising with hotel staff and handling event attendee queries, providing support to speakers
- Point of contact for event sponsors.
- Handle queries from members on upcoming events and training programs by email and telephone
- Support the preparations of the weekly newsletter and other communication
- At least 2 to 3 years of working experience in the field of events management
- Ability to liaise and communicate with the business stakeholders (company membership)
- Ability to liaise and communicate with different suppliers like hotels, conference venues, DMC’s and Audio Visual suppliers
- Excellent project management skills, proactive, very hands-on, sociable, and flexible
- Excellent skills in working with Office 365 (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Good knowledge of online platforms like Zoom and Teams
- Good knowledge of social media platforms like linked-in
- Excellent communication skills both in writing and oral English
- Experience in using CRM systems
- Self-starter, a team player who is capable to work independently and who is motivated to take ownership
- Strong organization skills with outstanding attention to detail
- Creative thinker, especially in approaching on-demand-challenges
- Ability to work with tight deadlines on multiple projects
- Team player, flexible attitude
- Assertive and strong communicator able to work with all stakeholders
- Full time, 5 days a week, 40 hours
- Based at the Zuid-As Amsterdam
- Overnight travelling required – exact travel dates to be determined in advance
- A superb opportunity to help shape this rapidly growing open & informal organization;
- A young, energetic, multicultural team and company;
- A dynamic work environment with a variety of activities;
- There is plenty of room for your own initiative and creativity;
- Career opportunities;
- A competitive remuneration package;
Does this job description excites you and do you think you meet the requirements. Feel free to share your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.